If you're seeking a one-of-a-kind and thrilling adventure, consider exploring the marvels of Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary. The sanctuary boasts a vast array of flora and fauna, such as tigers, leopards, sloth bears, and numerous bird species.
Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary is a well-known tourist destination that offers a range of attractions for visitors. Some of the must-enjoy tourist attractions in Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary include:
1. Wildlife Safari: Visitors can enjoy the wilderness in Nagzira by booking jeep safaris and experience the natural beauty of the sanctuary while spotting a variety of animals like tigers, leopards, sloth bears, wild dogs, and many more.
2. Bird Watching: Nagzira is a paradise for birdwatchers, as it offers a diverse range of bird species. Visitors can witness stunning bird species like Red-collared Dove, Spotted Dove, Common Hawk-Cuckoo, Black-Winged Kite, Egret, Cormorant to name a few.
3. Nature Trails: The sanctuary offers several nature trails, where visitors can explore the diverse flora and fauna of Nagzira while enjoying a peaceful walk.
4. Photography: Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary is a photographer's delight, with its diverse wildlife, landscapes, and bird species, offering ample opportunities to capture stunning photographs.
Regardless of whether you're fond of animals, there are various tourist spots to explore near Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary that offer visitors a unique and unforgettable experience. Among the popular places to visit near the national park include:
1. Ambhora: A small village located approximately 48 km from Nagzira is famous for its ancient temples, including the 11th-century Shiva Temple. The place is of interest to nature enthusiasts due to the presence of verdant forests, enchanting rivers and waterfalls. Other than that Ambhora also treasures historical heritage and vibrant local culture. Ambhora Fort is a great attraction and savouring the local delicacies is unmissable.
2. Bhandara: A historic city located near Nagzira, about 43 km away is renowned for its ancient temples, including the Mahakali Temple, one of the oldest temples in the region. Some of the must-visit spots at Bhandara encompass Maha Samadhi Bhumi, Rawanwadi Dam, Korambhi Temple, Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary, Gosekhurd Dam and Koka Wildlife Sanctuary..
3. Nagpur: The third-largest city in Maharashtra, Nagpur is a bustling metropolis located near Nagzira, known for its rich history, beautiful lakes, and vibrant culture. Needless to mention, Nagpur has bagged the popular sobriquet of the City of Oranges.
4. Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve: Located around 174 km from Nagzira, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is one of the largest and oldest tiger reserves in Maharashtra. The reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including tigers, leopards, sloth bears, and many more.
5. Pench National Park: : Located around 127 km from Nagzira, Pench National Park is another popular tourist destination that offers a unique wildlife experience. The park is home to a variety of animals, including tigers, leopards, wild dogs, and more.
These are a few places to visit near Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary. Each of these places offers a unique experience for visitors, and they are definitely worth exploring.
If you plan on visiting Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary you'll find a range of accommodation options available. The Forest Department maintains forest rest houses that provide basic amenities and an authentic wildlife experience. There are also several private hotels and resorts in Nagzira, located near the sanctuary that offers comfortable accommodations and a range of services to ensure a pleasant stay. Pertaining to the preferences and budget, you have the freedom to choose from a variety of options. It's recommended that you make bookings in advance to avoid any inconvenience during your visit.